MIKE’S PICKS: RESOURCES FOR MINISTRY
Mike Hess, GARBC national representative, suggests the following resources for your ministry toolbox.
- Journal: “The Church Praying” by 9Marks is a helpful collection of articles on how we can teach our churches to pray Biblically.
- Web post: “In Curbside Vote, Church Calls David Totman as Pastor” highlights the creative method used by Faith Baptist Church, Winter Haven, Florida, in voting for its new pastor during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Articles: “Originalism,” a three-part series by David Gunn, is now available. From a Biblical perspective, David discusses the popular Christ-centered hermeneutic. Please take the time to read part 1, part 2, and part 3, as they deal with many popular trends in Bible interpretation.
- Video: 2020 GARBC Conference Update by Mike Hess. Learn about a virtual option for attending the 2020 GARBC Conference.
KIDS4TRUTH OFFERS FAMILY RESOURCES
As disciplers, we care about continuing to disciple those in our care during this COVID-19 pandemic. With their kids sequestered at home, many parents are looking for family discipleship resources. Your church can help families by pointing them to three free at-home resources from Kids4Truth Clubs, a division of Regular Baptist Press. Take advantage of 10 FREE lessons and workbooks.
- In churches that don’t have Kids4Truth Clubs, parents can download an entire unit for free. This is a great way for parents to teach their kids 10 key truths about God’s Word, the Bible.
- In churches that do have Kids4Truth Clubs, families can focus on the doctrinal unit their kids are currently studying. Additional resources for each unit are available on EquipU.
PANDEMIC BRINGS OUT CHURCHES’ AND CAMPS’ CREATIVITY
In the dearth of in-person gatherings, churches in the GARBC and camps in the National Association of Regular Baptist Camps are thinking of new ways to carry out ministry. Note the articles below, and be open to the Lord showing you new approaches to doing ministry!
- “Name Tags Connect Congregation in Time of Isolation” (First Baptist, Nebraska City, Neb.)
- “Church Members Make Cloth Masks for Sheriff’s Office” (Berea Baptist, Stevens Point, Wis.)
- “Meal Kit Distribution Serves Church’s Neighbors” (Restored, Wilkes-Barre, Pa.)
- “Engaging Strong Kids Via Digital Sunday School” (Calvary Baptist, Sandusky, Ohio; First Baptist, Arlington Heights, Ill.)
- “Yard Signs Spreading Hope and Joy” (Orchard Avenue Baptist, Vacaville, Calif.)
- “Church Ministry Continues in Epicenter of Coronavirus” (Exodus Fundamental Baptist, Elmhurst, N.Y.)
- “A New Normal for Ministry of Presence” (Wheeler Army Airfield Chapel, Oahu, Hawaii)
- “Craft Lets Kids Build a Camp” (Scioto Hills, Wheelersburg, Ohio)
- “Camp Hosts Online Events for Youth Workers and Students” (Iowa Regular Baptist, Ventura, Iowa)
Share ways that your church or camp is ministering during COVID-19. We’d love to hear from you: email@example.com.
FREE AUDIO DEVOTIONS FOR THE FAMILY
Regular Baptist Press wants to help families grow spiritually each day of the week, so it provides Kids4Truth Clubs devotions that discuss the attributes of God. The daily devotions complement the Kids4Truth Clubs curriculum but can be used for stand-alone discipleship. Families can read or listen to the podcast on our website or stream these daily podcasts at home through their smart speaker, computer, or iOS or Android device.
Another listening option is the podcast Truth in Real Life, which conveys real historical figures who stood for and defended truth. These people are powerful reminders for kids to stand for truth when they’re tested. Just as God helped others, He can help today’s kids stand for truth too. Families can read or listen to the podcast on our website or stream these daily podcasts at home through their smart speaker, computer, or iOS or Android device.