Schaumburg, Ill.—Messengers to the 2010 GARBC Conference elected six new members to the Council of Eighteen during the Wednesday afternoon business session. Council members serve a three-year term and can be re-elected to a second three-year term. The council makes recommendations to the association to further its work and to implement all actions and policies of the association. Newly elected members are:
- Tom Alexander, Pastor, First Baptist Church, Wellington, Ohio
- Bryan Augsburger, Pastor, First Baptist Church, Arlington Heights, Ill.
- Ken Floyd, Representative, Michigan Association of Regular Baptist Churches, Grand Rapids, Mich.
- John Hartog III, Pastor, Faith Baptist Church, Cambridge, Iowa
- Will Hatfield, Pastor, Campus Baptist Church, Ames, Iowa
- Don Shirk, Pastor, Grace Baptist Church, Batavia, N.Y.
The following men are currently serving on the council with time remaining on their terms.
- Bryce “Bernie” Augsburger, Representative, Illinois-Missouri Association of Regular Baptist Churches, Washington, Ill.
- David Burman, Pastor, Brown Street Baptist Church, Alton, Ill.
- Jeffrey “Duke” Crawford, Pastor, Emmanuel Baptist Church, Toledo, Ohio
- Jonathan Jenks, Pastor, Calvary Baptist Church, Wisconsin Rapids, Wis.
- Stan Lightfoot III, Pastor, Rustic Hills Baptist Church, Colorado Springs, Colo.
- David Little, President, Baptist Church Planters, Grafton, Ohio
- Brad Quick, Pastor, First Baptist Church, Elyria, Ohio
- Chuck Pausley, Pastor, Bethany Baptist Church, Avon Park, Fla.
- Robert Sauser, Pastor, Creston, Iowa
- Ken Spink, Pastor, Berea Baptist Church, Berea, Ohio
- David Strope, Pastor, Ankeny Baptist Church, Ankeny, Iowa
- Gerald Webber, Pastor, Maranatha Baptist Church, Sebring, Fla.