EAST TO WEST, CHURCHES SEEK REGULAR BAPTIST CHURCH FELLOWSHIP
Churches in Colorado, Florida, Minnesota, and Washington are seeking fellowship in the GARBC, pending approval at the 2016 GARBC Conference. Perhaps churches that are solely in state or regional associations would like to take advantage of the benefits of being in the national association, including 501(c)3 IRS tax exempt status, free consultation and training for church ministry, access to grants and loans for church ministry, endorsement for chaplaincy ministry, a complimentary subscription to the Baptist Bulletin magazine, and a strong network for making a difference in Great Commission ministry. Invite a church to consider fellowshipping. Join us.
CHURCH PLANTING FEATURED IN JANUARY/FEBRUARY BAPTIST BULLETIN
Positioning itself as a resource for reproducing churches, the GARBC introduces its Regular Baptist church-planting initiative in the January/February Baptist Bulletin in an article by David Burman Jr. In addition, enjoy “The Mission Field Comes to Our Neighborhood” and “Planting in the Poconos,” which tell of churches’ multicultural ministries, one in America’s heartland and the other in an outdoor recreation destination. In addition, four mission agencies provide insight into today’s church-planting goals, resources, and opportunities, while Ken Davis informs on “Leading Your Church to Birth a Daughter Church.”
Read the Baptist Bulletin online or contact our subscription department to receive the print edition by mail. Ask about our group rates for churches. Read the most up-to-date information about the General Association of Regular Baptist Churches.
HELP MYANMAR CHURCHES GROW SPIRITUALLY
Chris Hindal, director of GARBC International, is planning three regional conferences in Myanmar, where 89 percent of the population claims Buddhism. The conferences, to take place in April, are designed to strengthen the believers and their churches. Would you like to encourage your brothers and sisters who live as a minority in a hostile culture? Give to meet the conference expenses to make this happen. If donating by check, write on the memo line “conference associates.” Thanks for your global vision.
WORKSHOPS TO STRENGTHEN CHURCHES
Pursue an educational opportunity for your church! Workshops to strengthen the ministry of local churches are available by presenter Dr. John F. Klem, director of Regular Baptist Press. Contact John Klem to schedule one of the following workshops for your church’s leadership team, men’s group, college and career group, and more.
• Ministry Skills Needed for a Strong Church: Ministry is ultimately a ministry of the Word wisely applied to the people who are both seeking and courageously following Christ. Uncover the glorious nature of gospel ministry and discover the skill sets necessary for developing a strong and healthy church.
• Leadership Is Story Telling and Story Keeping: According to Dr. Al Mohler, leaders are the steward-in-chief of a ministry’s or organization’s story. He notes that the story of an organization frames its mission and identity and explains why leaders give their lives to it. Leaders protect the story, draw others into the story, and keep others accountable to the story. Learn how you can become the chief storyteller of your ministry or organization.
• Teaching and Preaching Bible Characters: We all love a good story and enjoy seeing how heroes and villains either triumph or meet their fate. So how do Bible characters function in a Bible story? How can we properly use Bible characters in our teaching and preaching ministry? Learn how you can sharpen your Word skills for an effective presentation of Bible characters.
• Wisely Telling Your Life Story: Life stories can be compelling and encouraging. Dateline, 20/20, 48 Hours, and The Sporting Life with Jeremy Schaap are just a few examples of popular media presentations of life stories. But what about your story? How can you tell it in an encouraging and compelling manner without it being a brag session? Discover how God’s Word has shaped the plot line of your life for His glory.
LOOK FOR IMPORTANT GARBC PACKET
Look for a GARBC Conference info packet arriving soon in your church mailbox. Be sure to read about the upcoming GARBC Conference and complete the Council of Eighteen nomination and GARBC Annual Directory forms:
- Conference registration (Check out the early-bird discount rates.)
- GARBC Conference poster (Hang on your church bulletin board.)
- Talents For Christ poster (Encourage your students to participate.)
- Council of Eighteen nomination form (Your nomination makes a difference!)
- GARBC Annual Directory information report form (Keep in touch with us and help others keep in touch with you.)
The association is for the churches by the churches. Your participation is vital. Please alert your office assistant to keep their eyes open for the packet.
Gladly Serving Churches
7: Peace River Baptist Church, Punta Gorda, Florida
17–19: Conference planning meeting, Fort Washington, Maryland
Director of Regular Baptist Chaplaincy
Serving in home church, New Life Baptist Church, Lake in the Hills, Illinois
Director of Regular Baptist International
21: Olivet Baptist Church, Westwood, Kansas (a.m.)
21: Fellowship Baptist Church, Lawrence, Kansas (p.m.)
Director of Regular Baptist Press
8–11: Teaching module, Piedmont International University, Winston-Salem, North Carolina
18–28: Visiting ministries in Pennsylvania
Director of Regular Baptist Baptist Builders Club and Strategic Ministry Growth
Assisting churches and ministry organizations through consultation
5, 6: IARBC mid-winter couples’ retreat, Stoney Creek Inn, Johnston, Iowa
5, 6: IL-MO teen winter retreat, Camp Manitoumi, Lowpoint, Illinois
6: IARBC winter singles’ event, Faith Baptist Church, Carroll, Iowa
6: NARBC EvanTell evangelism training, Park Lane Baptist Church, Omaha, Nebraska
8, 9: OARBC pastors’ and wives’ retreat, Comfort Inn, Splash Harbor, Bellville, Ohio
9–16: Crossroads Fellowship pastors’ and wives’ retreat during Jamaica Partnership Vision Trip, Jamaica
15, 16: OARBC pastors’ and wives’ retreat, Carlisle Inn, Sugarcreek, Ohio
19, 20: Northeast Fellowship Men’s Adventure, Central Baptist Church, Binghamton, New York
22–24: Baptist Network Northwest youth pastors’ and wives retreat, Eagle Crest Resort, Redmond, Oregon