[YOUR CHURCH NAME]
TEACHER’S STATEMENT OF MINISTRY
As a teacher in the ministry of [your church name], it is my desire that God would bless, guide, and use me in equipping and edifying the students entrusted to my care, and that God working through me would fulfill the purpose found in Ephesians 4:1-16.
Believing that God has purposed in His Word to direct our lives, and our involvement with those around us, I understand that our ministries must be based on principles from His Word.
I believe the Bible to be the inspired Word of God and it is profitable in my life for:
1. Leading me to accept Christ as my personal Savior and Lord (John 1:12).
2. Accepting its authority, authenticity, and sufficiency in guiding my life (John 10:35; 2 Timothy 3:16).
3. Showing me my need for Baptism and Membership as a step of obedience after salvation and a prerequisite for service in the ministry of a local Church (Acts 2:41-42).
4. Establishing my purpose to live a life that is well pleasing to my Lord, through His grace (2 Corinthians 6:3-10).
5. Helping me to be an example before men in lifestyle, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity, in exhortation (1 Timothy 4:12-16).
6. Knowing that my life is not my own, that God can and will direct my life, and that my desire is to serve Him in the ministry of [your church name] (1 Corinthians 6:19-20).
In response to the preceding statements I, as a believer involved in the teaching ministry of [church name] with God’s help and direction, will covenant to:
1. Faithfully attend all services. I will arrive at least 15 minutes before my class begins.
2. Prayerfully preparing lessons. I will spend time and prayer, preparing for teaching with the needs of students in mind.
3. Be available and prepared to counsel students. I will notice class members’ spiritual needs and engage them with God’s Word.
4. Maintain a godly lifestyle and testimony. I commit to living according to God’s standards and separating from worldly practices.
5. Interpret and apply Biblical truth according to [church name]’s Statement of Faith. I will especially remember our dispensational, pre-tribulational, pre-millennial view of Scripture.
6. Model leadership and propriety by dressing in a way that encourages reverence to God, respect for the teachers, and commitment to the faith. I know and will follow my church leadership’s expectations for dress for teachers.