REGISTRATION FOR FALL 2013 REGULAR BAPTIST WEB COMMUNITY NOW OPEN
Regular Baptist Web Community offers exceptional instruction to enrich your ministry. Interact online with quality content from the comfort of your own home or office. Register now for the following Regular Baptist Learning Labs:
- “Reaching Your Community with the Gospel” by Mike Augsburger
- “Church Website Concepts and Designs” by Dave Bosket
- “Spiritual Formation of the Believer” by John Greening
- “Leading Small Groups” by Scott Greening
- “Preaching Ecclesiastes” by Rich Van Heukelum
- “Worship That Connects with God” by Ken Pyne
- “Preaching Big Ideas” by Dave Warren
Baptist Bulletin: A Must Read!
A great way to stay informed about national issues affecting our churches is to read the Baptist Bulletin. Make sure you catch the following highlights from the July/August issue:
- “Same-Sex Marriage: What the Bible Really Says” by Gary Gromacki
In the aftermath of the recent Supreme Court decision, what should the church be teaching?
- “Talking to a Gay Rights Advocate” by Jay Lucas
Learn to answer questions without getting branded as a homophobic hater.
- “What the Church Has to Say to the Gay Community” by Erwin W. Lutzer
Speaking with compassion, love, and hope on a difficult subject.
- “God’s Love Reaches Iowa Adults with Intellectual Disabilities”
Friendship Bible Study at Prairie Flower Baptist Church in Washington, Iowa.
- “Betrayal, Fear, and Faith: The Church’s Response to Victims of Sexual Sin” by Sue Nicewander
In the aftermath of scandals, churches are adjusting their approach to better protect victims.
- “A Multisite Church Rescue” by Darrell Goemaat
Bridgewater Baptist, Montrose, Pa., is duplicating itself through multiple campuses and revitalization.
- Doug Crawford’s sermon from Habakkuk 1—3, “Renewing Our Strength in God’s Waiting Room.” Download sermon notes.
- George Coon’s sermon, “A Call to Corporate Prayer.” Download sermon notes.
- Dave Doran’s sermon from 2 Corinthians 4:1–6, “What Does a Steadfast Ministry Look Like?” Download sermon notes.
- Jon Jenks’ sermon from Hebrews 11:6, “Diligently Seek Christ by Faith.” Download sermon notes.
- Dave Doran’s workshop, “The Mission of the Church and Missions.”
- Mark Shaw’s sermon from Psalm 51:10, “Renovations of My Inner Life.” Download sermon notes.
- Mike Augsburger’s sermon, “Heroes Have Expiration Dates.” Download sermon notes.
- Dave Doran’s sermon from 2 Corinthians 14, “How Do We Maintain a Steadfast Ministry?” Download sermon notes.
- Thursday morning Speakers’ Panel.
- John Greening’s sermon from John 16, “Trinitarian Ministry Renewal.” Download sermon notes.
GARBC Conference Web Stories
Baptist Bulletin Managing Editor Kevin Mungons and his staff have been hard at work reporting GARBC Conference happenings. Walk through conference week by reading the following stories.
- Intro: “Renew Our Strength”
- Monday: “Beating the Monday Blues”
- Monday’s Students Alive!: “Teens Recharge Faith as Conference Begins”
- Tuesday: “Get Back Up and Do It Again!”
- Tuesday Business Session: “Not Business as Usual”
- Tuesday Students Alive!: “Small Things, Big Effects”
- Wednesday: “Still Preaching Freely, For Now”
- Wednesday Student’s Alive!: “Renew, Recharge, Remember Who You Are”
- Wednesday Talents For Christ: “TFC: All in the Family”
- Thursday: “‘Glory and Grace’ During the ‘Ups and Downs’”
- Thursday Service Awards: “GARBC Honors Lifetime Service”
- Thursday Talents For Christ: “High-Resolution Display”
- Friday Talents For Christ: “2013 Talents For Christ National Winners”
- “GARBC Messengers Elect New Council Members”
- “Seven New Churches in Fellowship with the GARBC”
While reading about the conference is great, nothing beats being there in person. Plan now on attending the 2014 GARBC Conference in St. Petersburg, Fla., June 23–27.