MIKE’S PICKS: RESOURCES FOR MINISTRY
Mike Hess, GARBC national representative, suggests the following resources for your ministry toolbox.
- Blog post: “How Then Shall We Think of Kanye West’s Conversion?” by Mike Hess. News of Kanye West’s reported conversion to Christianity is sparking social media and the Christian blogosphere. What are we to make of this? How should we respond?
- Commentary: “God Never Changes” by David Gunn. Ironically, one of the few constants in life is change. But Jesus Christ is “the same yesterday, today, and forever” (Heb. 13:8).
- Baptist Bulletin podcast: “Marriage in Ministry.” Discussing marriage in ministry, Mike speaks with former national representative John Greening and his wife, Daria. The Greenings’ book on marriage, Love Your Spouse, is available from Regular Baptist Press.
- Article: “7 Reasons Churches Need to Consider a Young Pastor to Lead Their Church Revitalization.” These reasons serve as food for thought to challenge young pastors to consider revitalization projects and for churches to consider young pastors as possible leaders.
BAPTIST BULLETIN EXAMINES THE IMPORTANCE OF BIBLICAL PROPHECY
Biblical prophecy receives short shrift these days, and that’s a shame. It’s true that some eschatology enthusiasts have overemphasized Bible prophecy, and many have taught the prophetic Scriptures with an irresponsible hermeneutical approach. But it is just as problematic to ignore the Bible’s prophecies as it is to misuse them. The November/December issue of the Baptist Bulletin examines the importance of Bible prophecy, Israel’s future in God’s program, and a sound hermeneutical approach to Scripture.
- Why Biblical Prophecy Matters (by Cory M. Marsh)
- Young, Restless, Fundamentalist: Is There Still a Future for Israel? (by Paul J. Scharf)
- Why Originalism?: The Need for a Sound Hermeneutic (by David Gunn)
- Keep It Simple, Student: 8 Tips to Improve your Bible Study (by Brennan Wilson)
- The One Bridge You Can Trust (by Ryan Day)
All the content of the print magazine, plus the following articles:
- How Then Shall We Think of Kanye West’s Conversion? (by Mike Hess)
- Could Jesus Christ Come Today? (by Robert Gromacki)
- Major Points of Difference in Reformed and Baptist Theology (by Leon J. Wood)
- The Ten Commandments for Today? Part 2 (by Hermann Austel)
- Ten Marks of Spiritually Mature Church Leaders (by Jim Vogel)
- I Am Called to Self-Sacrifice, Not Self-Care (by Amy Dunham)
- The Role of the New Covenant in the Life of the Church (by Don Trest)
Subscribe to the Baptist Bulletin as an individual or in a group plan for members of your church. Questions? Contact Lynne Goemaat, 847.585.0833.