This year our women’s events are revolving around the theme, “Once upon a time….” Every six weeks we plan an event for women, which involves someone telling a Faith Tale. Our kick-off event developed the theme with the following topic:
- Having a Princess Heart in a Not-so-happily-after-World
This event was a girl’s night out Pajama Party. Everyone was invited to the church in their PJ’s, sweats, or other comfy clothes at 7 p.m. They brought their favorite snack and beverage and joined together in the Park Café to watch a DVD and have fun.They viewed a DVD by comedian Chonda Pierce in which she shares a testimony about dealing with depression.
In upcoming months we plan on exploring the following topics based upon the stories below:
- Princess and the Pea – Is sin keeping you up at night?
- Cinderella – Meeting the Prince of Peace
- Sleeping Beauty – Resting in the Lord; finding true beauty
- Snow White – Be anxious for nothing
- The Old Woman in the Shoe – Juggling responsibilities
- Jack Sprat – Good choices for healthy living
- Little Red Riding Hood – Who is robbing you of your Joy?
- Three Little Pigs – Financial planning for women
- Peter Pan – Growing up godly
- Pied Piper – The pull of culture and where it is leading women
- Mary, Mary Quite Contrary – What are you planting in your spiritual garden? (Idea: plan an event to share plants from our gardens and share love with friends and neighbors.)
- Emperor’s New Clothes – The folly of believing whatever you want (Idea: Discussion of book, Lies Women Believe and the Truth that Sets them Free , or intro to a Bible study)
- Little Miss Muffet – Facing your fears
Debbie Weil, pastor’s wife
Park Avenue Baptist Church
Binghamton, New York
(submission provided by Jeannie Vogel, RBP women’s ministry consultant)