The beginning of September signals the start of a full fall schedule of activities in most churches. When I started out in the pastorate, I was part of a church staff that held a “Round-up Sunday” at the beginning of every fall quarter. Cowboy attire and western décor in the church accented the “Round-up” theme. The event was intended to get people back into the routine of the church schedule after a summer of vacation travel and program breaks.
The “Round-up” theme may seem a bit hokey for today, but the idea behind it still is relevant. Especially during these days, I pray for the pastors and churches who are attempting to round up their people and renew the momentum of their ministry. The efforts of one church are often repeated in the ministries of sister churches in the association. We are all in the ministry together.
John Greening, GARBC national representative
Enjoy September’s E-Info!
- BBC–USA Grants and Loans: Fellowship in Action
- Anticipating Christmas Giving
- Baptist Bulletin‘s Upcoming Issue
- Pastor Now a USAF Reserve Chaplain
- Order Your 2012–2013 GARBC Directory
- Regular Baptists Around the Country
- World News Impacting the Church
- GARBC Resource Center–At Your Service
- GARBC Staff Itineraries
- Pastors’ Seminar & Bible Conference, Sept. 24 & 25
- GARBC Pastoral Cohort Begins
- GARBC Resolutions Forewarn
- 2013 IPFBM Conference: Save the Date!
- Cohort Supports Church Planters
- Church Announcements: Remembering Your Audience
- It’s Grow Time: New Junior Church Program by RBP!
- Psalm 100 Bookmarks: A Memory Tool
- Free Course for Youth Pastors
E-Info, a GARBC newsletter, communicates information about association happenings, ministry development, church events, and service opportunities. Share your ministry-related information by contacting the GARBC Resource Center. Together We Can Accomplish More!