DAILY ADVENT POSTS: CENTER ON CHRIST!
Join us this Advent season as we set our minds on the true meaning of Christmas. Daily posts until Christmas Day will guide you in prayer and encourage you to give thanks to God for the truths of Scripture. At the moment of man’s fall, God was providing the way for restoration. The earliest prophets foretold of the One Who would come. Then as now, Christ is met with either acceptance or rejection. Christmas celebrates the birth of the One Who fulfilled every prophecy and waits patiently, but not indefinitely, for those who would come, that their eternity would be secured in Him.
Manning Brown, director of Regular Baptist Chaplaincy, compiled these reflections for his church while he was stationed in Germany.
BAPTIST BULLETIN: TOO GOOD TO MISS!
Another stellar issue of the Baptist Bulletin is coming your way! Check out the November/December magazine’s articles and features.
- Why Church Planting Matters (by Lee Stephenson)
- Ministry Mind-set: The Key to Church Planting Movements (by Clare Jewell)
- Is Your Church Pregnant? (by Ken Davis)
- David Gunn Named Director of RBP (by Jonita Barram)
- The Leadership Factory of Restored Church (by Darrell Goemaat)
- Baptists and the English Reformation (by Jeff Straub)
- Involving People in the Life of Christ, and Christ in the Lives of People (by Ryan Frank)
- Church Planting in America (by Clare Jewell)
All the content of the print magazine, plus the following articles:
- Photo Feature: More Photos from Restored Church, Hazelton (by Darrell Goemaat)
- Renewal and Prophetic Distance (by Bob Stevenson)
- An Utter Waste of a Human Life (by David Gunn)
- Why Millennials Work at Starbucks (by Emily Gehman)
- Adults: Making Church History Relevant for Pastors and Students (by Ken Rathbun)
- Children: The Value of Humor (by Daria Greening)
- Family Bible Study: Does God Get Sick or Die? (by Cheryl Fawcett and Robert C. Newman)
- The Early Life and Influence of John Nelson Darby (by Bruce Baker)
AUDIO LEGACY: MESSAGES BY ROBERT GROMACKI AND JOE STOWELL III
Listen to GARBC Conference messages by leaders Robert Gromacki and Joe Stowell III. Gromacki addresses “The Charismatic Movement” (43rd GARBC Conference, Ocean Grove, New Jersey, 1974) and Stowell III speaks on “The Family” (49th GARBC Conference, San Diego, California, 1980). An Audio Legacy website containing vintage recorded messages from association leaders will be available in the new year.
MICHIGAN STATE ASSOCIATION MESSAGES ON AUDIO
The Michigan Association of Regular Baptist Churches enjoyed a great conference, both spiritually and operationally, featuring enriching messages from pastors in Michigan. Ken Floyd, executive director of the MARBC, states that the conferees expressed their appreciation for the conference and the ministry of the Word. The following audio files are available to you:
- “In Search of Soul Satisfaction” (John 4), Jeff Burr, pastor of Forest Hills Baptist Church in Grand Rapids
- “Staying on the Line” (Mark 7) Ross Shannon, pastor of First Baptist Church in Lapeer
- “Shepherding All the Sheep” (1 Peter 5), Mark Cizauskas, pastor of First Baptist Church in Rochester
- “Walking the Ministry Tightrope” (Acts 6), Bob McNeil, pastor of Shelby Road Baptist Church in Shelby