M4 PASTORS’ CONFERENCE
Harvest New Beginnings, Oswego, Illinois, invites pastors to its ministry enrichment conference Nov. 6–7, focusing on the theme “Navigating Disappointment and Division in Ministry.” Through the conference, Harvest desires to give pastors an opportunity to learn from the ministry struggles and successes of others, receive encouragement from the spoken Word, catch a vision for the future direction of their ministries, and network with others in ministry. For more information, see M4 Pastors Conference.
GRAND RAPIDS ASSOCIATION FOCUSES ON TOPIC OF PREACHING
The Grand Rapids Association’s monthly Breakpoint meeting will be held at Berean Baptist Church in Grand Rapids on Tuesday, Nov. 28, from noon to 1:30 p.m. Pastor Doug Compton of Alpine Baptist Church, Comstock Park, Michigan, will share on the topic “Preaching to the Common Person.”
BAPTIST BULLETIN: REFORMATION EDITION
In remembrance of the 500th anniversary of Martin Luther nailing the 95 Theses to the castle chapel door in Wittenberg, the Baptist Bulletin celebrates the absolute authority of God’s Word. If you have not already done so, please read the September/October issue, which includes the following articles commemorating the Reformation:
- The Five Solas (by David Gunn)
- Sola Scriptura! The Struggle for Biblical Authority Rages On (by David Gunn)
- Sola Fide! Justification by Faith—A Present Reality or Future Declaration? (by David Mappes)
- Sola Gratia! Coming to Grips with the Grace of God (by Mike Stallard)
- Solus Christus! Why High Church Liturgical Practices Are Dishonoring to Christ (by Fred Moritz)
- Soli Deo Gloria! Living Life to the Glory of God Alone (by Chips Ross)
- The Anabaptists: The Importance of Believer’s Baptism (by Jeff Straub)
Not a subscriber of the Baptist Bulletin? Join the Baptist Bulletin team of subscribers by visiting www.BaptistBulletin.org or by contacting Lynne Goemaat, 847.585.0833. Group discounts are available for church member subscriptions.
AUDIO LEGACY: LISTEN TO MESSAGES BY PURCELL AND ROOKE
Listen to soul-stirring messages given by GARBC leaders J. O. Purcell and Wilbur Rooke at the 46th GARBC Conference in Des Moines, Iowa, in June 1977. Purcell speaks on “Fellowship of Labor,” and Rooke delivers “Fellowship of Suffering.” An Audio Legacy website, containing vintage recorded messages from association leaders, is now being developed. Stay tuned for its launching.