ANNOUNCING SEMINARS BY REGULAR BAPTIST WEB COMMUNITY
Beginning in February, the following topics will be available to you and your church through the Regular Baptist Web Community.
- “Updating Your Church’s Articles of Faith” by Dr. David Mappes
- “Equipping Your Teachers to Teach Better” by Don Anderson
- “Effective Church Photography” by Darrell Goemaat
- “Basic Techniques for Website Refresh” by Andrea Gower
- “Adding Color to Plain Preaching” by John Greening
Enjoy valuable instruction in the comfort of your home or office. More information available soon.
BAPTIST BULLETIN OFFERS STELLAR LINEUP
The Baptist Bulletin offers enriching articles that will have immediate positive impact upon your church’s ministry. Note the valuable information available to you in the print and digital January/February Baptist Bulletin.
- Imagination: The Key to Effective Preaching (by John Greening)
- Preaching and the Theater of the Absurd (by Ted Martens)
- In Other Words: The Value of Using Metaphors in Preaching (by Randall K. Cook)
- Calm in the Crisis (by Jonita Barram)
- Perfect Your Practices: A Preview of the 2017 GARBC Conference
- Focused on the Nations (by Chris Hindal)
- How to Answer Three Questions about Homosexuality (by Jeffrey Bartz)
All the content of the print magazine, plus the following articles:
- “Thus Saith the Lord”: The Case for Lectio Continua (by Randall K. Cook)
- Justification and the Gospel (by Kevin Bauder)
- Putting the Pastor in His Place: How to Effectively and Biblically Critique Your Pastor (by Jeriah Shank)
- Mentoring Teenagers (by Mel Walker)
- Using the Bible in Class
- Where Does Jesus Live? (by Cheryl Fawcett and Robert C. Newman)
- The Hebrews Warning Passages: Why They Matter and What They Say (by Christoper Cone)
Start the new year off right by joining the Baptist Bulletin team of subscribers or by giving a gift subscription! Learn how to subscribe by visiting www.BaptistBulletin.org or by contacting Lynne Goemaat, 847.585.0833.
UPCOMING REGULAR BAPTIST PRESS TRAINING EVENTS
Regular Baptist Press Regional Manager Alan Wilson will be presenting teacher training workshops in January at two locations:
- Jan. 21: Grace Baptist Church, Batavia, New York
- Jan. 26–29: First Baptist Church, Jacksonville, Florida
For more information on these venues or to schedule teacher training in your church, please contact Alan Wilson, email@example.com.
CHRISTIAN WORKERS’ RETREAT
Benefit from valuable instruction in a beautiful setting. The Christian Workers’ Retreat of the California Association of Regular Baptist Churches will take place at the Hilton Garden Inn in Monterey, California, Jan. 16–18. Attendees may make hotel reservations at the Hilton Garden Inn and register for the program and meals by contacting First Baptist Church, Walnut Creek, California, 925.934.2139.
BAPTIST NETWORK NORTHWEST EMPHASIZES PRAYER
At the beginning of each new year, the Baptist Network Northwest sets apart time to seek the mind of God through a united corporate prayer effort. Pastors and leaders will meet Jan. 25–27 for a prayer retreat at Camp Gilead in Carnation, Washington.
Pastor Timothy Baker of Bethany Baptist Church in Salem, Oregon, challenges pastors, “The unfortunate reality is that most of us don’t give prayer the priority it deserves. Sometimes, we don’t pray much at all. That is why this Prayer Summit is so vital. For three days we will give ourselves fully to the discipline of prayer. No program. No speaker. No agenda. We will pray together. We will worship God together. And somehow, in the midst of this time of prayer and worship, we will trust God to speak to us, encourage us, and give us direction. Let’s clear our minds and discipline ourselves together for the sake of prayer.”