NEW FROM REGULAR BAPTIST CHURCH PLANTING: CHURCH PLANTER ASSESSMENT
Planting churches is the very best way to reach people with the gospel of Jesus Christ. That’s why the GARBC has started the Genesis Initiative to help plant Regular Baptist churches across North America. To move this initiative forward, our greatest need is to identify and mentor church planters with a heart to reach people for Christ. To facilitate meeting that need, we set up a highly effective church planter assessment to help people determine whether God has called and equipped them to be church planters. It will also help identify the training and coaching people need to fulfill the ministries God has laid on their hearts. Thousands of church planters across the country have taken this assessment. Click church planter assessment to get started. Questions? E-mail Clare Jewell, national church planting coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BAPTIST BULLETIN ADDRESSES ISSUES OF TODAY
Every day we are confronted with society’s norms that run counter to Biblical teaching. Contributing writers to our association’s magazine help us think through issues of the day from a solid Scriptural foundation. Deepen your grasp by reading the September/October issue of the Baptist Bulletin.
- “Sexual Culture Wars” by Ryan Duffy and Evan Sharbaugh
- “Feeling the Transgender Experience” by Thomas White
- “Biblical Counseling for Homosexuality and Same-Sex Attraction” by Jeffrey Bartz
- “Stop Copying Me: Is the Story of Jesus Stolen from Pagan Beliefs and Traditions?” by Jeriah Shank
- “And Beginning with Moses . . .” (2016 GARBC Conference)
- “A Thrilling, Adventurous Life: Remembering Aggie Haik” by Jonita Barram
- “God’s Highest Goal for Kids” by Alex Bauman
- “Regular Baptist Church Planting Gains Momentum” by Clare Jewell
Baptist Bulletin Plus (digital edition only)
- Photo Feature: GARBC Conference by Joshua Huang and Darrell Goemaat
- “Perry Noble’s Missed Opportunity” by Jeff Straub
- “Keeping the Saints Sober” by Jeff Straub
- “Confounding Convictions” by Bob Stevenson
- “Sunday School: Making Yearly Appointments” by Don Anderson
- “Children: Creating an Inviting Learning Environment” by Daria Greening
Family Bible Study
- “Does the Bible Have Pictures?” by Cheryl Fawcett and Robert C. Newman
- “A Brief Evaluation of Eastern Orthodox Theology” by Fred Moritz
You can read the entire September/October issue by subscribing to the Baptist Bulletin. Affordable rates make it possible for you and your church to enjoy the magazine. Purchase an individual or gift subscription online. If you already subscribe to the print edition, sign up for free digital access.
BAPTIST FELLOWSHIP PRESS SERVICES TODAY’S URBAN CHURCH
Baptist Fellowship Press, the new publishing arm of the Fundamental Baptist Fellowship Association, now has children’s Sunday School curriculum available for grades 1–6. “We’re thanking God for this huge step that He has allowed the association to take,” says Pastor Milton Kornegay, president of the FBFA. “We (the FBFA) are thankful to God for the GARBC and Regular Baptist Press for all their help in making this a reality!” Orders for this culturally relevant curriculum are coming in. Help spread the word among urban ministries about this Bible-centered children’s material! Order this new line of curriculum for today’s urban churches by calling 877.241.1688.
“STRONGER CHURCHES” VIDEO: REGULAR BAPTIST MINISTRIES UNDER 5 MINUTES
Would you like to introduce new members in your church to Regular Baptist Ministries or provide an update for established members? The association has an engaging, succinct video for you! Help your people realize the benefits of their church being part of the GARBC by viewing our “Stronger Churches” video. Additional videos about the association can be found on our website.
UPCOMING REGIONAL CONFERENCES FEATURE ENRICHING TOPICS
Regular Baptists continually gather at the local, state, regional, and national levels for fellowship and instruction. Check out the topics for men and women offered by Regular Baptist groups in September.
- “The Heart of the Minister” by Pastor Tom Townsend, September 8, Southern MARBC, First Baptist Church, Brooklyn, Michigan
- “Our Sovereign God” by Jeannie Vogel, September 9, 10, IARBC women’s Renew Conference, Iowa Regular Baptist Camp, Clear Lake, Iowa
- “Faithful Men—Beloved Brethren” by Dr. Jeff Newman, September 9, 10, NARBC men’s retreat, Bass Lake Camp, Winnebago, Minnesota
- “In Persecution, the Church Speaks” by Dr. Jason Lee, Dr. Randy McKinion, Dr. Jeremy Kimble, and Dr. Dan DeWitt, September 19, 20, Crossroads Fellowship Conference, Emmanuel Baptist Church, Bloomington, Indiana
- “Facing the Future with Faith” September 23, 24, Ladies’ Advance, First Baptist Church, Johnson City, New York
- “Patriotism, Politics, and the People of God” by Dr. Mike Wittmer, September 27, Grand Rapids ARBC Breakpoint meeting, Forest Hills Baptist Church, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- “Psalms for the Day” by Dr. Jeff Newman, NARBC fall Bible conference, Victory Baptist Church, Fullerton, Nebraska