Informative and practical workshops are awaiting you at the upcoming 2015 GARBC Conference, June 29—July 3. Check out the following offerings:
- “Tech Trauma: The Modern World of Tech Issues” by Josh Byers
- “Crisis Ministry” by Laird Baldwin and Mike Crawford
- “Teenage Triumph: Discipleship Ministry with Youth” by Jason Blunk
- “New Theological Viruses” by Doug Brown
- “Private Devotional Life of a Pastor” by Zach Dietrich
- “When the Pulpit Meets the Newsroom: The Ministry of Analyzing and Expounding Current Events” by David Gunn
- “Home Grown: The Value of Small Town Churches” by David King
- “Making a Difference in Your Community” by Dwight LaPine
- “Helping Your Church Walk through the Wilderness: Biblical Hope and Direction in Suffering” by Jeff Newman
- “Peacemaking in the Church” by Scott Owen
- “Dumbing-Up: The Case for Continuing Education” by Don Shirk and John Greening
- “Walking Life’s Tightrope: Maintaining Balance” by Melissa Wiita
Register now for early-bird discount rates.
“Reaching for the Goal”: Ohio Church Ministries Conference
The Ohio Church Ministries Conference will take place April 17 and 18 at Northfield (Ohio) Baptist Church. This “Reaching for the Goal” training event is designed specifically for church ministry workers, not just the leaders. The conference will feature challenging general sessions and practical workshops and exhibits—all to help workers become more excited and effective Christian servants. Duke Crawford, pastor of Emmanuel Baptist Church, Toledo, Ohio, will be the keynote speaker. The conference is sponsored by the Ohio Association of Regular Baptist Churches, Summit University, and Northfield Baptist Church.
“Life-Changing Ministry”: BNN Conference
Baptist Network Northwest will meet for its annual conference April 16–18 at First Baptist Church, Richland, Washington. Keynote speaker Aaron Patton and worship leader Alex Patton, both pastors at Oak Grove Baptist Church, Kansas City, will lead the group in messages from God’s Word and praise. Eighteen workshops will be offered. See brochure.
“Impact: Making a Difference in Our Communities”: CARBC Conference
Steve Viars, pastor of Faith Church, Lafayette, Indiana, will be the keynote speaker for the upcoming California Association of Regular Baptist Churches Conference to be held at Faith Baptist Church, Visalia, California, April 14–16. Alan Wilson of Regular Baptist Press and Steve Little of Baptist Church Planters will lead workshops. Also speaking will be Victor Ordonez, pastor of the Hispanic church at Faith Baptist, Strathmore, California.
Seminar to Address Homosexuality
A one-day seminar for pastors and churches addressing the topic of homosexuality will take place April 11 at Calvary Baptist Church, Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. Four sessions will explore how to develop a compassionate, Biblical worldview about homosexuality. Speaker will be Chris Brauns. For more info, see thechurchandculture.com.
Women’s LYFE Conference
Summit University, Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania, is offering two terrific weekends of Women’s LYFE, May 28–30 and June 4–6. Be encouraged and equipped as a daughter of the King with Bible teacher Liz Curtis Higgs, vocal artist Kezia Curry, comedian Bob Smiley, and many other speakers. Registration is now open.
An in-service for secretaries in churches or ministry organizations will take place on Saturday, April 18, at Northfield (Ohio) Baptist Church. Ryan Simmons, owner of Nouminous Productions, will present computer-related topics. Online registration is available for this three-part secretarial track of the Ohio Church Ministries Conference.