Valuable Workshops for Men and Women
GARBC Conference workshops address current issues and offer practical ministry helps. Plan now to attend the conference June 23–27 in St. Petersburg, Fla. Register by May 16 to receive a discount rate.
- “An Insufficient Gospel? Perspectives on the Kingdom, the Church, and Social Justice” by Mike Augsburger
- “Mobilizing Your Church for Evangelistic Impact” by Tom Benefiel
- “The Integration of the Gospel and Discipleship” by Duke Crawford
- “How to Make the Gospel Relevant in Your Preaching” by Mike Hess
- Preaching Seminar: Planning, Preparing, Preaching” by Bryan Augsburger
- “Having an Effective Ministry at a Small Church” by Steve Cox
- “Maximizing the Senior Saints” by Jack Dowden
- “Shaping Men and Women for Life in Ministry” by Gary and Lois Moosey
- “Recent Theological Viruses Affecting the Church” by Mike Stallard
- “The Fear Factor, Hospitality Edition” by Sherry Van Hooser
- “Creating a Culture of Service” by Don Workman
Ministries for Women Workshops
- “Equanimity: A Pastor’s Wife Shares Her Experience and Perspective on Balancing Work and Ministry Roles” by Jill Osborne
- “Launching an Intentional Ladies’ Ministry with the Smaller Church in Mind” by Linda Pausley
- “The Fear Factor, Hospitality Edition” by Sherry VanHooser
Don’t miss the opportunity to learn in a supportive atmosphere! Attend the 2014 GARBC Conference.
Talents For Christ Deadline Approaching
Individuals and church groups may still register for Talents For Christ. It’s not too late to encourage your students to gain experience by participating in non-scholarship TFC categories. TFC provides great benefits to your students and church, including opportunities to
- Develop skills—TFC provides an intentional opportunity to train and equip students for particular ministry roles such as vocal and instrumental performance, preaching and speaking, and Bible teaching.
- Build confidence—TFC helps students gain confidence as they practice and improve their skills for serving the Lord.
- Gain direction—TFC gives students a high view of ministry and prompts students to consider roles God might desire them to fill in their future.
- Make friends—TFC brings students from many churches together for competition. These events contribute to a growing network of friends.
- Establish identity—TFC cultivates in students a sense of heritage and connection with like-minded Baptists from across the country.
- Receive recognition—TFC rewards students with state and national recognition for participation and achievement in performance with the potential of earning college scholarships.
Register now for National Open and Group Competition. The deadline to register is May 19.
- Cost for Open Competition: $30
Cost for Group Competition: $75
- Open Registration Form (pdf)
Group Registration Form (pdf)
- Ways to send your registration form:
Mail: Talents For Christ, 1300 N. Meacham Road, Schaumburg, IL 60173
Baptist Bulletin, Digital Edition: Enrich Your Ministry
Experience the convenience of reading the Baptist Bulletin, Digital Edition, anywhere you go! Visit www.BaptistBulletin.org/digital. Subscribers receive an e-mail alert when a new issue is available. New subscribers can also find us online at the iTunes store, Amazon.com, and the Google Play store. The Baptist Bulletin, Digital Edition, offers everything from the print edition, along with additional pages called Bb Plus, designed to enrich your ministry. Try it; you’ll like it!
Five-Lesson Evangelistic Studies for 99 Cents!
RBP’s evangelistic studies are affordable tools to use in your community. Outreach Bible studies are normally $4 to $5 each, but RBP has just reduced the price of eight titles to 99 cents each. Order your copies and begin sharing Christ through the study of God’s Word.