“Connected to Christ”: GARBC Conference Speakers
Be encouraged in God’s Word! Attend the 2015 GARBC Conference June 29—July 3 in Omaha. The theme “Connected to Christ” will focus on Colossians 3:1: “If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God.” You will hear messages from the following speakers:
- Paul Hartog is vice president for academic services at Faith Baptist Bible College in Ankeny, Iowa. He is a professor, a nationally recognized scholar, and very active as youth pastor at Maranatha Baptist Church in Grimes, Iowa. Paul is regarded as an authority in the field of early church history and has published numerous articles and a major book. He brings a thorough Biblical perspective to his history, ethics, and philosophy classes.
- Tim Jordan has served for over 38 years at Calvary Baptist Church in Lansdale, Pennsylvania—10 years as associate pastor and 28 years as senior pastor. A graduate of Pillsbury Baptist Bible College (BA), Tim continued his education at Calvary Baptist Theological Seminary (MDiv) and Westminster Theological Seminary (DMin).
- John Greening is an eighth generation pastor. He served in youth and senior pastorates for over 20 years. In John’s role as GARBC national representative, he speaks frequently, consults with churches, and provides leadership for the association. Together with his wife, Daria, John leads in church ministry training conferences and writes church educational resources.
Conference Workshops Increase Ministry Savvy
- “Tech Trauma: The Modern World of Tech Issues” by Josh Byers
- “Crisis Ministry” by Laird Baldwin and Mike Crawford
- “Teenage Triumph: Discipleship Ministry with Youth” by Jason Blunk
- “Home Grown: The Value of Small-Town Churches” by David King
- “Making a Difference in Your Community” by Dwight LaPine
- “Helping Your Church Walk through the Wilderness: Biblical Hope and Direction in Suffering” by Jeff Newman
- “Peacemaking in the Church” by Scott Owen
- “Mentoring Relationships” by Sharon Gutwein
- “Revitalizing Sunday and Wednesday Night” by David Strope and Mike Augsburger
- “New Theological Viruses” by Doug Brown
- “When the Pulpit Meets the Newsroom: The Ministry of Analyzing and Expounding Current Events” by David Gunn
- “Walking Life’s Tightrope: Maintaining Balance” by Melissa Wiita
- “Private Devotional Life of a Pastor” by Zach Dietrich
- “Sustaining Emotional Health” by George and Sharon Coon
- “Dumbing-Up: The Case for Continuing Education” by Don Shirk and John Greening
What a blessing to have great God-given gray matter in our association! Plan now to attend the GARBC Conference! Be warmed spiritually and increase your ministry savvy.
Women’s LYFE Conference
Summit University, Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania, is offering two terrific weekends of Women’s LYFE, May 28–30 and June 4–6. Be encouraged and equipped as a daughter of the King with Bible teacher Liz Curtis Higgs, vocal artist Kezia Curry, comedian Bob Smiley, and many other speakers. Registration is now open.