Recognition of John and Hope Murdoch
John and Hope Murdoch are nearing the end of their tenure as director and wife of Regular Baptist Chaplaincy Ministries. Before the Murdochs officially “retire,” our association of churches will recognize their service on Tuesday morning, June 30, at the GARBC Conference in Omaha. Not only have John and Hope ministered to our cadre of GARBC-endorsed chaplains in a wise and loving manner, they have raised the awareness of our association in churches and in chaplaincy circles. John Greening, GARBC national representative, states, “It has been a distinct honor to have John as my trusted colleague. He and Hope’s ministry to chaplains and their wives and our association of churches has been invaluable.” Perhaps you will be able to express your appreciation at the conference to John and Hope for their ministry, or you can e-mail your sentiments to them.
Local Conference Committee Serving You
The GARBC Conference local committee is hard at work to make the conference valuable and enjoyable for all who attend. Committee members are as follows:
- General Chairman: Jeremy Penrod, pastor, Temple Baptist Church, Lincoln, Nebraska
- Communications Chairman: Shawn Rittmiller, pastor, Park Lane Baptist Church, Omaha, Nebraska; Eric Wilmeth, pastor, Bennington Baptist Church, Bennington, Nebraska
- Ushers Chairman: Peter Jenks, regional field director, Baptist Church Planters
- Nursery Chairman: Keith Hunt, pastor, First Baptist Church, Nebraska City, Nebraska
- Preschool Chairman: Bryan Clark, pastor, Gretna Baptist Church, Gretna, Nebraska
- Children’s Program: Chip Wood, director of youth ministry, Baptist Church Planters
Thanks to the local committee for their labor of love!
Highland Baptist Church, Hayward, California, Lends Support to GARBC
A special thank you to Pastor Chris Pagniello and the Highland Baptist Church family for adding GARBC ministries to their missions family. The association staff greatly appreciates the prayer and financial support of this church and others that support our ministry. If your church does not currently lend financial support to the association, won’t you consider leading the church to do so? The GARBC is for the churches, by the churches.
Temple Baptist Church, Portsmouth, Ohio, Renews Baptist Bulletin Subscriptions
Thanks to Pastor John Gowdy and Temple Baptist Church subscribers for renewing subscriptions to the print and online Baptist Bulletin magazine. You may check out discounted subscription rates to the Baptist Bulletin by contacting Lynne Goemaat, 888.588.1600 ext. 833, or by visiting subscriptions.