Churches of the Northwest Association of Regular Baptist Churches know how to do missions conferences! Read on to discover conference ideas from Bits and Pieces, the Northwest Regular Baptist newsletter, published by Darrell Beddoe, regional representative.
Bethany Bible Church, Kenmore, Washington, Pastor Scott and Jayne Ritter
- Various homes hosted Sunday evening potluck desserts; small groups interacted with missionaries.
- Teens and missionaries took part in a picture scavenger hunt.
- Missionaries shared their testimonies in teens’ Sunday School classes.
Sleater-Kinney Road Baptist Church, Olympia, Washington, Pastor Paul and Carolyn Pierce
- During a Saturday morning missions forum, missionaries took part in question-and-answer and testimony times; refreshments were served.
- Missionaries received the church’s missions policy, a missions activity report (including a list of missionaries), and the church’s annual report.
- A pictorial report highlighted church members’ simultaneous visit with a missionary in Israel.
First Baptist Church, Wenatchee, Washington, Pastor Wes and Carolyn Hunter
- Area field trips for missionaries included a visit to an apple orchard and a packing plant, a shopping trip for the women, and a meal together.
- Members of the congregation created posters and displays featuring various missionaries; the posters were exhibited in the auditorium. Near the displays, conference guests placed supplies for missionaries’ specific needs.
- In a concurrent missions project, a church team helped a sister church with repairs and participated in its worship service.
First Baptist Church, Ferndale, Washington, Pastor Dave and Sue Lunsford, Pastor Larry and Marian Nelson
- Missionaries and pastors attended a Friday evening ABWE Pastor Consultation at a neighboring church, followed by a men’s pizza gathering.
- Missionaries participated in a service at an assisted-living facility.
- A Sunday evening banquet, with each missionary participating, concluded the conference. All ages sat together at tables, and the youth served the meal.
Southside Baptist Church, Tacoma, Washington, Pastor Ron and Carol Hill, Pastor Barry and Rachel Gorsuch, Pastor Dick and Juanita Canfield.
- A Friday night banquet opened the conference; the youth served the meal, cleaned up, and provided music. A message focused on youth.
- A men’s breakfast, a ladies’ brunch, and a youth activity took place during the weekend.
- On a Sunday evening, the congregation took part in round-robin visits to four missionary presentations, each lasting twenty minutes; a bell signaled the time for groups to attend the next presentation.
To make your missions conference the best, plan early, be creative, and attract all ages. Encourage your missionaries. And prompt people to consider God’s call to missions!