Recently my husband and I attended a child dedication service at Faith Baptist Church, Winfield, Illinois, in which our grandson and our daughter and her husband took part. The service was very well done. I asked the church’s pastor and wife, Dave and Joni Wasson, to share information regarding the service as a reference for other churches. They graciously consented. Daria Greening, GARBC
Order of service
• Show a video of a little girl quoting Psalm 23 (ordered from BlueFish.com).
• Explain the nature of child dedication (what it is and is not) and the need for parental involvement.
• Introduce each father, who in turn introduces his family and reads a verse that expresses his and his wife’s desire for their child’s life.
• Read Scripture that is an example of child dedication. Challenge parents to carry out the responsibilities they have as parents.
• Give out dedication certificates and a pastor’s letter to be opened on each child’s 12th birthday.
• Close with a prayer of dedication. (Invite grandparents who are attending to join parents and children on the platform.)