Three Great Commission Conversations
Church planting, outreach, and multicultural ministries are three topics that individual interaction groups will explore on Wednesday afternoon at the GARBC Conference. Attend these interactive conversation groups and gather thoughts on how to enhance your church’s ministry. Iron sharpens iron!
Valuable Ministry Workshops at GARBC Conference
Skilled workshop leaders who are passionate about their topics are presenting at the 2013 GARBC Conference, June 24–28, in Dearborn, Mich. You will be encouraged and helped in your ministry by attending these workshops. Register now for the conference.
- “Pastoral Transitions: The Ethics of the Thing” by Maynard Belt
- “Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust: Does Cremation Really Matter?” by Don Shirk
- “Church Discipline: The Correction of a Believer or the Excommunication of an Unbeliever?” by Bruce Compton
- “Communicating between Sundays: The Power of Blogging and Social Media in Today’s Local Church” by Mark Hurlbut and Chris Brown
- “The Mission of the Church and Missions” by Dave Doran
- “The Business Side of Ministry” by Michael Nolan
- “Generational Mentoring” by Sherry Van Hooser
- “Preaching Seminar” by Scott Poling
- “Renewing Our Passion for Evangelism” by Pat Nemmers
- “Renewal in Discipleship” by Dan Anderson
- “Personal Renewal in Ministry” by Maynard Belt
- “Evaluating the Church’s Corporate Worship Service” by Ken Pyne
Michiganders Highlight Conference
Several Michigan pastors and leaders will be main session speakers at the GARBC Conference—Pastor George Coon, Northeastern Baptist Church in Kalamazoo; Pastor Doug Crawford, West Cannon Baptist Church in Belmont; Dr. Pastor Dave Doran, Inter-City Baptist Church of Allen Park; and Mark Shaw, Calvary Baptist Church of Greenville. Also, a special thank you to MARBC representative Ken Floyd for chairing the local committee, and to Pastor Ken Pyne, Evangel Baptist Church of Taylor, for coordinating the worship. Other main session speakers for the conference are Pastor Mike Augsburger, Willow Creek Baptist Church, West Des Moines, Iowa; Pastor Jon Jenks, Calvary Baptist Church of Wisconsin Rapids, Wis.; and GARBC National Representative John Greening, Schaumburg, Ill. Pray for the Lord’s use of these men as they present God’s Word to exhort and encourage conferees.