Our GARBC Resource Center (1.888.588.1600) is here to assist pastors and churches! As a service to churches in the GARBC, the association provides complimentary ministry consultation. Team members Mike Hess, national representative, David Gunn, director of Regular Baptist Press, Clare Jewell, national church planting coordinator, and Mark Johnson, GARBC treasurer, are ready to help and encourage your leadership team.
Consultation services include:
- Pastoral search—guidance in the search process and help in finding potential pastoral candidates (Mike Hess)
- Pastoral counsel—spiritual help and ministry guidance (Mike Hess)
- Strategic planning—laying out plans for future ministry growth and effectiveness (Mike Hess)
- Church finance and business—wise budget management and fiscal efficiency (Mark Johnson)
- Pastor/deacon relationships—administration of Biblical leadership roles, training, and dealing with conflicts (Mike Hess)
- Leadership training—helping church staff and volunteers gain skills, wisdom, and motivation (Mike Hess, Clare Jewell)
- Spiritual maturity development—education strategies for helping people grow in Christ (Mike Hess, David Gunn)
- Conflict resolution—handling of church conflicts and fostering congregational unity (Mike Hess)
- Dissolution assistance—guidance in the process of closing a church (Mark Johnson)
Consultation is free of charge to churches in the GARBC. If an on-site visit to a church is requested, the association asks the church to reimburse travel expenses. Honorariums to help the association continue to offer consultation services are welcomed.