Our GARBC Resource Center (1.888.588.1600) is here to assist pastors and churches! As a service to churches in the GARBC, the association provides complimentary ministry consultation. Team members David Strope, interim national representative, David Gunn, director of Regular Baptist Press, Clare Jewell, national church planting coordinator, and Mark Johnson, GARBC treasurer, are ready to help and encourage your leadership team.
Consultation services include:
- Pastoral search—guidance in the search process and help in finding potential pastoral candidates (David Strope)
- Pastoral counsel—spiritual help and ministry guidance (David Strope)
- Church finance and business—wise budget management and fiscal efficiency (Mark Johnson)
- Pastor/deacon relationships—administration of Biblical leadership roles, training, and dealing with conflicts (David Strope)
- Leadership training—helping church staff and volunteers gain skills, wisdom, and motivation (David Strope, Clare Jewell)
- Spiritual maturity development—education strategies for helping people grow in Christ (David Strope, David Gunn)
- Conflict resolution—handling of church conflicts and fostering congregational unity (David Strope)
- Dissolution assistance—guidance in the process of closing a church (Mark Johnson)
Consultation is free of charge to churches in the GARBC. If an on-site visit to a church is requested, the association asks the church to reimburse travel expenses. Honorariums to help the association continue to offer consultation services are welcomed.