You don’t need me to tell you that so much of what we’ve seen in the news in recent weeks has been downright discouraging and depressing. Could you imagine how downcast we would be if our hope rested in politicians, policies, or the shifting sands of economic prosperity? These are days when our hearts and minds must be saturated with the hope of Scripture and the gospel. Think for a moment what passages of Scripture God is using in your life right now to keep you from despair. Constantly remind yourself of these truths, and quote them to yourself when you’re tempted to fall into an attitude of doom and gloom.
Our fellowship of churches and Regular Baptist Press is built on the foundation of hope that Scripture provides. Struggling believers and struggling churches have hope because our God and His Word ooze with hope. Despite what’s going on around us, rest assured that God is changing us inwardly to make us more like His Son. Let’s not allow negative news to deter us from the fact that Jesus Christ indeed has “overcome the world” (John 16:33).
GARBC National Representative
September 2021 Bb Pulse is ready to view!
News from Regular Baptist Ministries
- Mike Hess: Hope of Scripture and the Gospel
- International: Compassion Fund
- Mark Johnson: Expanded Program
- Manning Brown: Chaplaincy Opportunities
- David Gunn: 50 years of Vacation Bible School
- Clare Jewell: Church Solutions Conference
Regular Baptist Administrative Team Itineraries
Mike’s Picks: Resources for Ministry
- The cult of personality leadership and thoughts on The Rise and Fall of Mars Hill podcast
- Why the curriculum you choose for your church is a shepherding issue
- How charismatic theology has made its way into much of the music we sing
- How you can be praying for Afghan pastors during this tragic Taliban takeover
- Obedience in the small things can have big consequences
GARBC Christian Character Scholarship
- Stay tuned . . .
Bb Pulse, a GARBC newsletter, communicates information about association happenings, ministry development, church events, and service opportunities. Share your ministry-related information by contacting the GARBC home office.
Archives by date:
Archives of E-Info, a GARBC newsletter published in 2007–2018, are available here.