MIKE’S PICKS: RESOURCES FOR MINISTRY
Mike Hess, GARBC national representative, suggests the following resources for your ministry toolbox:
- “The Pro-Life Movement Is on the Right Side of History . . . and Science”
Recent events have thrust the issue of abortion back into the public spotlight. Read David Gunn’s recent article on the science of abortion.
- “True Confessions of a Recovering Legalist”
Robert Gonzales has written an excellent blog post on his journey in not trusting in his own inherent virtue and religious performance to merit his acceptance before God.
- “How Your Budget Is a Spiritual Issue“
9Marks recently posted a helpful podcast episode on how your church budget is a spiritual issue and a reflection of the direction of your church.
- What is the “Essence of Worship”?
Come and explore this worship theme with us at the 2019 GARBC Conference, June 25–28. If you haven’t registered yet, you can still do so here.
MAY/JUNE BAPTIST BULLETIN: PREVENTING MINISTRY COLLAPSE
When ministries are brought down by scandal, lives are impacted. The gospel’s advance is slowed. The reputation of Christ and His church are denigrated. This issue of the Baptist Bulletin considers the question, What can we do to prevent or guard against ministry collapse? Check out the following articles, soon to arrive in your inbox, church office, or home:
- Preventing Ministry Collapse (by David Gunn)
- Guarding Integrity for a Persevering Ministry (by Dean H. Taylor)
- The Pastor’s Preoccupation: To Lead? Or to Follow? (by Wayne Slusser)
- The Case for Congregationalism: An Examination of Baptist Polity (by Jeff Straub)
- The Comparison Trap (by Daryl Neipp)
- Dr. Myron Houghton: Regular Baptist Theologian and Educator (by Don Anderson)
All the content of the print magazine, plus the following articles:
- Miracles: Then and Now, Part 3 (by Rolland McCune)
- The Pro-Life Movement Is on the Right Side of History and Science (by David Gunn)
- He Restores My Soul: A Meditation (by Timothy Hughes)
- The Life and Legacy of Myron J. Houghton (by Lance Augsburger)
- What Is Salvation? (by Myron J. Houghton)
- Pastors: Three Common Barriers to Church Revitalization (by Mike Hess)
- Children’s Ministry: Babysit or Teach? Part 2 (by Jim Cook)
- Journal: The Biblical Definition of Leadership (by Daniel Anderson)
Biblically accurate and ministry relevant articles abound in the Baptist Bulletin! Subscribe by visiting www.BaptistBulletin.org, or contact Lynne Goemaat, 847.843.1600, to learn about money-saving subscription plans.
STIMULATING DISCUSSIONS ON BAPTIST BULLETIN PODCAST
Join listeners who value the Baptist Bulletin podcast as a voice of advocacy for developing and proclaiming a Biblical worldview. The following episodes are available to you:
- What Is a Regular Baptist
- Challenges Facing the Church and the Importance of Sound Hermeneutics
- The Essence of True Worship
- A Regular Baptist Perspective on Lent
- Understanding Biblical Separation
- Worship and Lament
- The Church and the Kingdom
CONFERENCE MODULES TO ENERGIZE YOUR MINISTRY
What helps a person stay motivated and energized in ministry? A top answer is ongoing training. After a few years in ministry, we all need to be refreshed. GARBC Conference modules will help you think through new ideas and build on what you already know.
Come to the 2019 GARBC Conference, June 25–28, and benefit from excellent ongoing training! Stay fresh in your ministry by attending this year’s lineup of modules:
Tuesday Preconference Modules
- Developing an Evangelistic Environment in the Local Church
- Breathing New Life into Your Church
- Putting Together a Worship Service
- Big Little Church: The Joys, Challenges, and Strengths of Small Church Ministry
- The DNA of a Healthy Tech Ministry
- Unpacking the Forgiveness Debate
- Abide—Abounding Belief in Jesus Influences Deeper Empathy with Others
- The Burdens and Blessings of a Larger Church: Learning and Growing Together